We’re Expanding! Looking for dedicated, driven outpatient therapists who love to work with trauma.
Times are tough for a lot of people right now, and certainly as therapists, we are no exception! Our practice has experienced tremendous growth and the need for therapists who are not just trauma informed, but actually treat trauma are in HIGH demand. We are turning away so many people everyday and that is why we are looking for excellent therapists to join our team. We are welcoming of clinicians of color and clinicians who identify as LGBTQ+.
If you are reading this and thinking, that is me! I love to treat trauma!
If you are an excellent therapist that enjoys learning new treatment modalities and being surrounded by a team of always learning, always growing therapists, this may just be the position for you too! Our clinical team is exceptional. Every. Single. One of them! I know because I liked them so much that I hired them. We were the Best of Frederick Winner in 2020 for Best Mental Health Provider because we take good care of our staff and our clients. We are committed to not only excellent treatment of our clients, but our own community and our own professional development.
You’ll know this Job is for you if:
- There’s no greater feeling of satisfaction for you than working with clients as they experience growth and healing.
- You seek out continuing education for fun!
- Interacting with other like-minded therapists floats your boat.
- You appreciate the flexibility to work in the way that is best for your clients.
The Benefits and Compensation: Important Details
- Salary range of $55,000 to $90,000 depending on licensure level
- We work to help you maximize your compensation
- Employer assisted medical benefits for the employee and the opportunity to enroll dependents
- Employer paid employee dental, vision, short and long term disability and life insurance after 60 days of employment
- Up to a 4% match in a company sponsored 401k retirement plan with John Hancock after a year of employment
- FREE Clinical Supervision and PAID Peer Consultation
- Monthly bonus opportunity
What we are looking for in an Excellent Therapist:
Our therapists report feeling like they can finally do the work with clients that they want to do! They enjoy freedom to do that work, but also the connection offered through clinical support as well as just enjoying each other’s company. We all work hard. But we play hard, too!
This position is ideal for someone looking for a full time position as an outpatient therapist working in a group that values flexibility and focuses on supporting you in doing the work that you love and developing into the therapist that you want to become. We have well designed offices to work in, although we are not often in them right now! So, there is flexibility to work from a home office space or to come into the office to do Teletherapy for now.
We love hiring therapists who really love the work that we do! Doesn’t it feel great to know that you have helped a client walk through a difficult season, deal with past trauma, or emerge with some personal and relational growth after a season of therapy?
Let’s Get the Bad Stuff Out of the Way First…
- Our therapists are paid on receipts collected, so if you don’t see any clients, you won’t get paid. This is a negative for some, but a positive for others. YOU are in total control of your income (just like in private practice).
- We are in network with an insurance provider (Blue Cross and Blue Shield) and it may take up to 2 months for you to get paneled with our group. We have a way for you to go ahead and start working, but it is important to know about that lag potential
- We currently offer 4 weeks of leave for full time employees but the leave is unpaid (for now…)
Now for the Good Stuff:
- Right Now we are Virtual: You will have the option to work from a home office or we have a brick and mortar office that you can use to do telehealth. We plan to offer flexibility when it is safe to do so, so that clients and therapists can discuss their needs or desires to continue with telehealth or meet in person, or most likely a hybrid of both!
- The hours are flexible: You will need to work around when office space is open for the future, and we will likely set those hours.
- We consider FT 30 hours per week: This means that you will likely see 25-27 clients per week, along with some minimal paperwork time.
- We provide referrals: This means that we will fill up your caseload, likely as quickly as you can handle it! We will also give you some coaching on how to talk with clients and get them booked.
- We do all the billing: You enter your correct codes and we take it from there!
- We have a practice manager: There is a lot of administrative support in our practice. Everything in the building is taken care of, all of the details of practice management are done for you so you can focus on therapy!
- We offer free clinical consultation: We want you to talk about cases and be learning along with us. There are 2 peer consultation sessions each month and site supervisors are also available as needed to talk through cases with you.
- We have fun!: Our staff meetings are full of laughter and hanging out together. We also have some staff happy hours, weekly casual staff chats, etc, all for us to get to know each other and enjoy fellow therapists.
- We provide ongoing training: We offer both in-house training as well as a stipend for you to get additional training when you want or need to.
What You’ll Be Responsible For:
- Contacting referrals sent to you from our intake coordinator to see if they are a good fit and if so to get them scheduled.
- Providing excellent therapy
- Doing notes, treatment plans, discharge summaries
- Working with other providers as needed
- Focusing on the self care that you need
Now, Let’s Talk about the Job Requirements:
- You need to be independently licensed (LCPC, LCSW-C, LMFT, LCPAT) in the State of Maryland. Additional states are fine too and may be helpful for telehealth options! If you are not independently licensed, but are close, we will consider all applications for the best possible fit for us and for you.
- You love working with clients. We have lots of clients and this role is focused primarily on providing great therapy. This often requires emotional energy, compassion, and a willingness to be flexible and try new things in new ways to find what works for each client.
- You are comfortable with treatment planning. This starts from the first phone call, to be able to conceptualize where to start and what a client needs. Our confidence translates to their comfort and providing a plan and a way to move forward helps them to know they are working toward something. This gives hope!
- You are open to working on yourself and your own biases. We are serious about inclusion and offering a safe therapeutic place for all races, genders, sexual orientations, religions, and abilities.
- You can tolerate notes. So there are not many of us out there that LOVE notes, but as long as you can tolerate doing them, it is a requirement for ethical treatment and insurance reimbursement.
- You are self-motivated. This position offers a lot of independence, so you will need to be able to motivate yourself to follow up with phone calls, schedule clients, and be present fully for sessions. We are not micro-managers. We do have some checks and balances, but self-starters do best here.
- You are compassionate toward clients, toward other therapists, and toward yourself. Compassion is a focus for us in all of these ways. We strive to be a compassionate practice full of compassionate humans.
- You like EMDR! You don’t have to be trained yet, but having enough interest and drive to learn about it and possibly be trained will be important. About 80% of our client referrals are people asking for EMDR specifically. So, you can imagine that filling up your caseload is a lot easier if you have EMDR training to offer. Don’t worry, we like other modalities too, such as IFS, DBT, Neurofeedback, Yoga…just to name a few! If you are trained, it is important that you enjoy doing EMDR Therapy because we do a lot of it!
- You are open to new ideas and opportunities. We have a lot going on as a practice. A lot. There are all kinds of opportunities to contract with community agencies, to learn something new, to offer an intensive, to learn Alpha Stim, to do Equine Therapy. We are connected to our community and offer new things all the time!
- You are passionate. We are so passionate about the work that we do! We heal people from trauma. That is big. That is life changing. That is community changing. And that motivates us to do what we do. So, you will feel part of our tribe if you are also passionate about treating trauma.
You Will be a Good Fit Here If You’re a Human Who:
- Plays well with others and enjoys team work
- Wants to make an impact on our community
- Enjoys having co-workers to chat with from time to time
- Wants to pursue excellence in your work
- Enjoys growing personally and professionally
- Takes ownership and pride in your work
- Has a good sense of humor
- Has a pet or loves plants (no, seriously, it is something we all have in common!)
In short we are looking for therapists who are passionate about their work, enjoy community and professional development and can foster a supportive work environment. We don’t expect perfection (at all!). We are all humans here and learning as we go!
To learn more, you can check out our website, www.traumaspecialistsofmd.com
We are hiring BUT, we are committed to only hire good fits for our practice. If you have read all about what we are looking for and it seems like a perfect fit for you, then please apply. And, don’t just send a resume, please upload a cover letter letting us know a bit more about you. Don’t be afraid to let your personality shine through! For the hiring question on our hiring portal, What are you passionate about? Please answer ‘Therapy.’ That will be our way of knowing that you read all the details of this job listing.
If this sounds like the kind of job that is so great you would be willing to do it for free, don’t worry, we will still pay you. All our staff are paid the same percentage of receipts collected, depending on licensure status.
We are hoping to hire soon, but understand that some time might be needed to leave well at another job. We have some flexibility on the start time.
If you really want to WOW us, send a video introduction instead of a cover letter, or in addition to it. That helps us get to know you even better!
Please apply on our HR portal: LINK (don’t forget the answer to the question!) The cover letter (or video!) should include the following:
- Please tell us how you would be a good fit for this position and what you bring to the table both as a professional and as a human.
- Please tell us why you want to work at TSMD specifically, in contrast with other therapy positions. What is it about us that is attractive for you?
- Tell us whether you are looking for FT or PT. We prefer FT at this juncture, but would consider PT as well in the right circumstance.